Muzaffarnagar riots: District authorities yet to send report on case withdrawal
Muzaffarnagar: The district authorities are yet to send a report on withdrawal of case against Muslim leaders for allegedly inciting violence by making inflammatory speeches, as asked by the UP government`s law department.
According to official sources, the district authorities would send their report on 13 points regarding the cases after two days to the state government`s law department.
The District Magistrate has sought a report from SSP and prosecution officer. After getting the report, the DM would sent his report to the government.
The Uttar Pradesh government is considering withdrawing case against Muslim leaders for allegedly inciting violence through inflammatory speeches on August 30, last year, in a Muslim Panchayat at Khala Par here, including against BSP MP Kadir Rana during Muzaffarnagar riots.
The Law department of the government had asked the district authorities to send a report.
Meanwhile, the prosecution department has said in its report that?there is no case pending in court in connection with the alleged inflammatory speeches. He said charge sheet has not been filed in
The case is being probed by special investigation team (SIT) here. At this stage, there is no question of withdrawing the case from court, he said.
He said the government may directly take a decision to withdraw the case and there is no need for court`s permission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title