Muzaffarnagar riots gang-rape victim produced in court
Muzaffarnagar: A gang-rape victim of Muzaffarnagar riots was produced before Special Investigation Team court here and her statement was recorded, an SIT official said Thursday.
The victim, who recorded her statement yesterday, confirmed that she was gang-raped and threatened with dire consequences by three rioters during the riots at Lank village in the district, SIT said.
Police had registered a case in this matter in February last on the direction of State government against Kuldeep, Mahesh Vir and Sikander under the Sections of 376g (gangrape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC following the victim`s complaint.
However, all the three accused are absconding, he said.
The court has initiated attachment proceedings against all 21 accused of five gangrape cases during the riots, the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader