Muzaffarnagar riots gang-rape victim produced in court
Muzaffarnagar: A gang-rape victim of Muzaffarnagar riots was produced before Special Investigation Team court here and her statement was recorded, an SIT official said Thursday.
The victim, who recorded her statement yesterday, confirmed that she was gang-raped and threatened with dire consequences by three rioters during the riots at Lank village in the district, SIT said.
Police had registered a case in this matter in February last on the direction of State government against Kuldeep, Mahesh Vir and Sikander under the Sections of 376g (gangrape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC following the victim`s complaint.
However, all the three accused are absconding, he said.
The court has initiated attachment proceedings against all 21 accused of five gangrape cases during the riots, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling