Muzaffarnagar riots gang-rape victim produced in court
Muzaffarnagar: A gang-rape victim of Muzaffarnagar riots was produced before Special Investigation Team court here and her statement was recorded, an SIT official said Thursday.
The victim, who recorded her statement yesterday, confirmed that she was gang-raped and threatened with dire consequences by three rioters during the riots at Lank village in the district, SIT said.
Police had registered a case in this matter in February last on the direction of State government against Kuldeep, Mahesh Vir and Sikander under the Sections of 376g (gangrape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC following the victim`s complaint.
However, all the three accused are absconding, he said.
The court has initiated attachment proceedings against all 21 accused of five gangrape cases during the riots, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption