Muzaffarnagar riots gang-rape victim produced in court
Muzaffarnagar: A gang-rape victim of Muzaffarnagar riots was produced before Special Investigation Team court here and her statement was recorded, an SIT official said Thursday.
The victim, who recorded her statement yesterday, confirmed that she was gang-raped and threatened with dire consequences by three rioters during the riots at Lank village in the district, SIT said.
Police had registered a case in this matter in February last on the direction of State government against Kuldeep, Mahesh Vir and Sikander under the Sections of 376g (gangrape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC following the victim`s complaint.
However, all the three accused are absconding, he said.
The court has initiated attachment proceedings against all 21 accused of five gangrape cases during the riots, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration