Muzaffarnagar riots inquiry commission to visit after 3 months
Muzaffarnagar: The one-man inquiry commission constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots will visit again here after three months, sources said.
The commission constituted by retired judge of the Allahabad High Court, Justice Vishnu Sahai, will visit and meet victims, official sources said, adding that he will come tomorrow and camp for ten days here in connection with the inquiry.
More than 400 written statements had been received by the commission constituted by the state government to look into the communal violence last September, in which over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced.
The government has asked the commission to probe and report on the cause of riots, actions taken by the state government officers at that time, measures taken to prevent riots in future and who were responsible for it.
The commission has not submitted its report so far to the government. It was constituted on September 9 to probe the Muzaffarnagar violence starting from Kawal incident on August 27 till September 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security