Muzaffarnagar riots inquiry commission to visit after 3 months
Muzaffarnagar: The one-man inquiry commission constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots will visit again here after three months, sources said.
The commission constituted by retired judge of the Allahabad High Court, Justice Vishnu Sahai, will visit and meet victims, official sources said, adding that he will come tomorrow and camp for ten days here in connection with the inquiry.
More than 400 written statements had been received by the commission constituted by the state government to look into the communal violence last September, in which over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced.
The government has asked the commission to probe and report on the cause of riots, actions taken by the state government officers at that time, measures taken to prevent riots in future and who were responsible for it.
The commission has not submitted its report so far to the government. It was constituted on September 9 to probe the Muzaffarnagar violence starting from Kawal incident on August 27 till September 9.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Sachin Tendulkar accepts IOA's invitation to become India's Goodwill Ambassador for upcoming Rio Olympics
- IPL 2016: Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils - Possible XI, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Fed up of repeated ads on odd-even featuring Arvind Kejriwal? Watch this viral video slamming Delhi CM
- Sensex slumps 232 points; Nifty cracks below 7,800-mark
- Govinda took Dawood Ibrahim's help to defeat me in 2004 Lok Sabha polls: Ram Naik