Muzaffarnagar riots inquiry commission to visit after 3 months
Muzaffarnagar: The one-man inquiry commission constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots will visit again here after three months, sources said.
The commission constituted by retired judge of the Allahabad High Court, Justice Vishnu Sahai, will visit and meet victims, official sources said, adding that he will come tomorrow and camp for ten days here in connection with the inquiry.
More than 400 written statements had been received by the commission constituted by the state government to look into the communal violence last September, in which over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced.
The government has asked the commission to probe and report on the cause of riots, actions taken by the state government officers at that time, measures taken to prevent riots in future and who were responsible for it.
The commission has not submitted its report so far to the government. It was constituted on September 9 to probe the Muzaffarnagar violence starting from Kawal incident on August 27 till September 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir