Muzaffarnagar riots` inquiry panel records statements of 33 victims
Muzaffarnagar: The one-member inquiry commission constituted by Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots, has recorded fresh statements of 33 victims here.
The one-member judicial inquiry commission of Justice (Retd) Vishnu Sahai recorded the statements of 33 more victims here yesterday.
More than 700 victims have submitted their affidavits to the commission in connection with the riots. Earlier, statements of 248 riot victims were recorded and the commission would continue recording the statements of rest of the victims, Justice Sahai said.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced in communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
The commission was constituted on September 9 to probe the Muzaffarnagar violence starting from Kawal incident on August 27 till September 9. Failing to submit the report within the stipulated time of two months, the commission was granted an extension of six months in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci