Muzaffarnagar riots: Judicial custody for gang-rape accused
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday sent an accused, involved in Muzaffarnagar riots related gang-rape case, to judicial custody till April 7.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar sent Roki to judicial custody up till April 7, in connection with six riot cases including a gang-rape case.
Police yesterday arrested Roki from Phugana village, following which irritated villagers resorted to stone pelting and gheraoed the police station.
According to prosecution, Roki who was among 22 people issued non-bailable warrant for their alleged involvement in five incidents of gang-rape during Muzaffarnagar riots.
Another accused, Vedpal, was arrested on January 24 from the same village, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks