Muzaffarnagar riots: Judicial custody for gang-rape accused
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday sent an accused, involved in Muzaffarnagar riots related gang-rape case, to judicial custody till April 7.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar sent Roki to judicial custody up till April 7, in connection with six riot cases including a gang-rape case.
Police yesterday arrested Roki from Phugana village, following which irritated villagers resorted to stone pelting and gheraoed the police station.
According to prosecution, Roki who was among 22 people issued non-bailable warrant for their alleged involvement in five incidents of gang-rape during Muzaffarnagar riots.
Another accused, Vedpal, was arrested on January 24 from the same village, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in