Muzaffarnagar riots: Judicial custody for gang-rape accused
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday sent an accused, involved in Muzaffarnagar riots related gang-rape case, to judicial custody till April 7.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar sent Roki to judicial custody up till April 7, in connection with six riot cases including a gang-rape case.
Police yesterday arrested Roki from Phugana village, following which irritated villagers resorted to stone pelting and gheraoed the police station.
According to prosecution, Roki who was among 22 people issued non-bailable warrant for their alleged involvement in five incidents of gang-rape during Muzaffarnagar riots.
Another accused, Vedpal, was arrested on January 24 from the same village, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!