Muzaffarnagar riots: Judicial custody for gang-rape accused
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Wednesday sent an accused, involved in Muzaffarnagar riots related gang-rape case, to judicial custody till April 7.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar sent Roki to judicial custody up till April 7, in connection with six riot cases including a gang-rape case.
Police yesterday arrested Roki from Phugana village, following which irritated villagers resorted to stone pelting and gheraoed the police station.
According to prosecution, Roki who was among 22 people issued non-bailable warrant for their alleged involvement in five incidents of gang-rape during Muzaffarnagar riots.
Another accused, Vedpal, was arrested on January 24 from the same village, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok