Muzaffarnagar riots left 113 dead: Jamaat
New Delhi: A total of 97 Muslims and 16 non-Muslims were killed in the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh last month, the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind has said.
Thirty people were still missing in the region, said a report by the Jamaat after a survey of the affected areas, a statement by the group here said.
According to report, a total of 113 people were killed in the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining districts. Of these 16 were Hindus and 97 Muslims.
Official figures until now have put the death at around 50.
The Jamaat has decided to build 200 houses for the riot victims, many of who remain in refugee camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister