Muzaffarnagar riots left 113 dead: Jamaat
New Delhi: A total of 97 Muslims and 16 non-Muslims were killed in the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh last month, the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind has said.
Thirty people were still missing in the region, said a report by the Jamaat after a survey of the affected areas, a statement by the group here said.
According to report, a total of 113 people were killed in the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining districts. Of these 16 were Hindus and 97 Muslims.
Official figures until now have put the death at around 50.
The Jamaat has decided to build 200 houses for the riot victims, many of who remain in refugee camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom