Muzaffarnagar riots left 113 dead: Jamaat
New Delhi: A total of 97 Muslims and 16 non-Muslims were killed in the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh last month, the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind has said.
Thirty people were still missing in the region, said a report by the Jamaat after a survey of the affected areas, a statement by the group here said.
According to report, a total of 113 people were killed in the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining districts. Of these 16 were Hindus and 97 Muslims.
Official figures until now have put the death at around 50.
The Jamaat has decided to build 200 houses for the riot victims, many of who remain in refugee camps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof