Muzaffarnagar riots: Minority panel submits report to Centre
Muzaffarnagar: The National Commission for Minorities has submitted its report into the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar to the Union government.
"The Commission has submitted its report and recommendations to the Union government into the Muzaffarnagar riots while the reports into the Shamli riots would be submitted soon," National Commission for Minorities Chairman Wajahat Habibullah told reporters last evening.
Habibullah said that the Commission had visited Lank, Bahawadi and Lisadh, the worst affected villages where rioters had burnt houses and damaged properties.
About 2200 people were displaced from Lisadh village alone due to the riots, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie