Muzaffarnagar riots: Minority panel submits report to Centre
Muzaffarnagar: The National Commission for Minorities has submitted its report into the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar to the Union government.
"The Commission has submitted its report and recommendations to the Union government into the Muzaffarnagar riots while the reports into the Shamli riots would be submitted soon," National Commission for Minorities Chairman Wajahat Habibullah told reporters last evening.
Habibullah said that the Commission had visited Lank, Bahawadi and Lisadh, the worst affected villages where rioters had burnt houses and damaged properties.
About 2200 people were displaced from Lisadh village alone due to the riots, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing