Muzaffarnagar riots: People falsely framed will be released, says SP leader
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday said that people who were falsely framed and put behind bars during Muzaffarnagar riot will be released.
The UP government`s cabinet minister also said that the people will be released irrespective of whether they belong to minority or not.
Earlier, the UP government also said to be considering to withdraw a case of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches filed against Muslim leaders.
The Samajwadi Party on December 23 invited wrath of many when party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had said that those living in the relief camps were not actually riot victims, but conspirators of the Congress and the BJP.
Muzaffarnagar was hit by riots in August last year when a Muslim youth was stabbed to death by two Hindu youths after being accused of sexually harassing their sister. A Muslim mob stoned the two Hindus to death. This ignited anger in both the communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre