Muzaffarnagar riots: People falsely framed will be released, says SP leader
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday said that people who were falsely framed and put behind bars during Muzaffarnagar riot will be released.
The UP government`s cabinet minister also said that the people will be released irrespective of whether they belong to minority or not.
Earlier, the UP government also said to be considering to withdraw a case of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches filed against Muslim leaders.
The Samajwadi Party on December 23 invited wrath of many when party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had said that those living in the relief camps were not actually riot victims, but conspirators of the Congress and the BJP.
Muzaffarnagar was hit by riots in August last year when a Muslim youth was stabbed to death by two Hindu youths after being accused of sexually harassing their sister. A Muslim mob stoned the two Hindus to death. This ignited anger in both the communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional