Muzaffarnagar riots: People falsely framed will be released, says SP leader
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Ghaziabad: Samajwadi Party spokesperson Rajendra Chaudhary on Sunday said that people who were falsely framed and put behind bars during Muzaffarnagar riot will be released.
The UP government`s cabinet minister also said that the people will be released irrespective of whether they belong to minority or not.
Earlier, the UP government also said to be considering to withdraw a case of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches filed against Muslim leaders.
The Samajwadi Party on December 23 invited wrath of many when party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had said that those living in the relief camps were not actually riot victims, but conspirators of the Congress and the BJP.
Muzaffarnagar was hit by riots in August last year when a Muslim youth was stabbed to death by two Hindu youths after being accused of sexually harassing their sister. A Muslim mob stoned the two Hindus to death. This ignited anger in both the communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony