Muzaffarnagar riots: Properties of two more gangrape accused attached
Muzaffarnagar: Properties of two more absconding accused of gangrape cases have been attached by the police at Phugana village, police said today.
Properties of 14 out of 20 absconding accused have been attached so far on the direction of the court, SP(Rural) Alok Priyadarshi said.
The properties of remaining six absconding gangrape accused would be attached soon, he added.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) has found involvement of 22 accused in five gangrape cases during last year`s communal riots.
Two of the accused were arrested by the police while 20 were found absconding. The Supreme Court has directed the state government to expedite the arrest of absconding accused of gangrape cases.
Villagers have been resiting police actions during attachment of the properties of accused. A case has also been registered against 17 people including four women for interfering in police action at Phugana village on May 2, he said.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced from their homes in last year`s communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Railways: Check out the list of new rules from July 1
- IPL 2016: Points table, remaining fixtures, orange cap holder, purple cap holder
- Uttarakhand: Landslide, storm kill 11, injure many in Chakrata
- Frequent selfie takers less attractive?
- REVEALED: Fascinating details of Jose Mourinho's bumper Manchester United FC contract!