Muzaffarnagar riots: Properties of two more gangrape accused attached
Muzaffarnagar: Properties of two more absconding accused of gangrape cases have been attached by the police at Phugana village, police said today.
Properties of 14 out of 20 absconding accused have been attached so far on the direction of the court, SP(Rural) Alok Priyadarshi said.
The properties of remaining six absconding gangrape accused would be attached soon, he added.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) has found involvement of 22 accused in five gangrape cases during last year`s communal riots.
Two of the accused were arrested by the police while 20 were found absconding. The Supreme Court has directed the state government to expedite the arrest of absconding accused of gangrape cases.
Villagers have been resiting police actions during attachment of the properties of accused. A case has also been registered against 17 people including four women for interfering in police action at Phugana village on May 2, he said.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced from their homes in last year`s communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!