Muzaffarnagar riots: Properties of two more gangrape accused attached
Muzaffarnagar: Properties of two more absconding accused of gangrape cases have been attached by the police at Phugana village, police said today.
Properties of 14 out of 20 absconding accused have been attached so far on the direction of the court, SP(Rural) Alok Priyadarshi said.
The properties of remaining six absconding gangrape accused would be attached soon, he added.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) has found involvement of 22 accused in five gangrape cases during last year`s communal riots.
Two of the accused were arrested by the police while 20 were found absconding. The Supreme Court has directed the state government to expedite the arrest of absconding accused of gangrape cases.
Villagers have been resiting police actions during attachment of the properties of accused. A case has also been registered against 17 people including four women for interfering in police action at Phugana village on May 2, he said.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced from their homes in last year`s communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab