Muzaffarnagar riots: Two more cases of gang-rape registered
Muzaffarnagar: Two more cases of gang-rape have been registered in Fugana village in the district, police said on Tuesday.
Two women, in their written complaints on Monday, alleged they were gang-raped in separate incidents by four persons, SSP HN Singh today told reporters here.
The victims, who later fled from the village, also alleged that the rioters had ransacked their houses, the SSP said.
Three women from the same village had lodged separate police complaints on September 29 alleging they were gang-raped during the riots and their homes burnt down.
The riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas last month claimed 62 lives and left thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday