Muzaffarnagar riots: Two more cases of gang-rape registered
Muzaffarnagar: Two more cases of gang-rape have been registered in Fugana village in the district, police said on Tuesday.
Two women, in their written complaints on Monday, alleged they were gang-raped in separate incidents by four persons, SSP HN Singh today told reporters here.
The victims, who later fled from the village, also alleged that the rioters had ransacked their houses, the SSP said.
Three women from the same village had lodged separate police complaints on September 29 alleging they were gang-raped during the riots and their homes burnt down.
The riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas last month claimed 62 lives and left thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends