Muzaffarnagar riots unfortunate: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari on Thursday termed the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh as "unfortunate" and blamed the Samajwadi Party government for the situation in the state.
"Whatever has happened is very sad and unfortunate. This is the responsibility of the state government," Tewari told reporters here.
He said the biggest challenge now was to bring back normalcy in the affected areas.
"People must be brought to book. It is not necessary to politicise every issue," he said.
Muzaffarnagar, which witnessed communal riots in which 38 people were killed, was largely calm on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi