Muzaffarnagar riots unfortunate: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari on Thursday termed the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh as "unfortunate" and blamed the Samajwadi Party government for the situation in the state.
"Whatever has happened is very sad and unfortunate. This is the responsibility of the state government," Tewari told reporters here.
He said the biggest challenge now was to bring back normalcy in the affected areas.
"People must be brought to book. It is not necessary to politicise every issue," he said.
Muzaffarnagar, which witnessed communal riots in which 38 people were killed, was largely calm on Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'