Muzaffarnagar riots unfortunate: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari on Thursday termed the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh as "unfortunate" and blamed the Samajwadi Party government for the situation in the state.
"Whatever has happened is very sad and unfortunate. This is the responsibility of the state government," Tewari told reporters here.
He said the biggest challenge now was to bring back normalcy in the affected areas.
"People must be brought to book. It is not necessary to politicise every issue," he said.
Muzaffarnagar, which witnessed communal riots in which 38 people were killed, was largely calm on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies