Muzaffarnagar riots unfortunate: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari on Thursday termed the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh as "unfortunate" and blamed the Samajwadi Party government for the situation in the state.
"Whatever has happened is very sad and unfortunate. This is the responsibility of the state government," Tewari told reporters here.
He said the biggest challenge now was to bring back normalcy in the affected areas.
"People must be brought to book. It is not necessary to politicise every issue," he said.
Muzaffarnagar, which witnessed communal riots in which 38 people were killed, was largely calm on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'