Muzaffarnagar riots: UP jailor greets BJP MLA Sangeet Som in prison
Zee Media Bureau
Urai: The jailor of a prison reportedly folded his hands and greeted BJP MLA Sangeet Som here. Som was arrested for alleged inciting communal violence in Muzaffarnagar.
As per reports, the jailor, LP Singh, has been caught on camera greeting the BJP leader as he was walking inside the jail premises in Jalaun district. The jailor was in plainclothes. Meanwhile, a couple of other policemen standing there also welcomed Som with a salute.
Uttar Pradesh BJP legislators, Som and Suresh Rana, were arrested after a court issued a warrant against them. Bahujan Samaj Party legislator Noor Salim Rana has also been arrested in connection with the riots.
Communal violence in Muzaffarnagar earlier this month has left more than 45 people dead and hundreds have fled their homes in fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok