Muzaffarnagar riots:Jamiat demands dismissal of Akhilesh govt
New Delhi: Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind has shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding dismissal of Akhilesh Yadav government for its "failure and deliberate carelessness" in quelling the violence in western Uttar Pradesh.
General secretary of the Islamic outfit Maulana Mahmood Madani expressed disappointment over the deteriorating law and order situation in the affected region after visiting the riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on Wednesday.
Madani said he along with the JUH central delegation visited several riot-hit areas and was "shocked to learn that despite tall assurances from the ruling government, forces were found nowhere present in many villages".
"People are still fleeing their home, leaving behind their animals and properties on the mercy of the miscreants," he said.
"We have written a letter to the Prime Minister reiterating our demand and seeking his appointment to apprise him of the actual situation in the disturbed region that we have seen from our naked eyes," he said, while blaming the UP government for its "failure and deliberate carelessness in quelling the violence".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account