Muzaffarnagar riots:Jamiat demands dismissal of Akhilesh govt
New Delhi: Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind has shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding dismissal of Akhilesh Yadav government for its "failure and deliberate carelessness" in quelling the violence in western Uttar Pradesh.
General secretary of the Islamic outfit Maulana Mahmood Madani expressed disappointment over the deteriorating law and order situation in the affected region after visiting the riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli on Wednesday.
Madani said he along with the JUH central delegation visited several riot-hit areas and was "shocked to learn that despite tall assurances from the ruling government, forces were found nowhere present in many villages".
"People are still fleeing their home, leaving behind their animals and properties on the mercy of the miscreants," he said.
"We have written a letter to the Prime Minister reiterating our demand and seeking his appointment to apprise him of the actual situation in the disturbed region that we have seen from our naked eyes," he said, while blaming the UP government for its "failure and deliberate carelessness in quelling the violence".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief