Muzaffarnagar SSP shifted
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday night posted a new SSP in Muzaffarnagar replacing Pravin Kumar, who has fallen ill and is admitted to AIIMS.
Superintendent of Police, Kannauj, Harinarayan Singh, will be the new SSP of the riot-hit district.
He will also hold the charge of Special Investigation Cell (SIC), set up by the UP government to probe the riots, a home department spokesman said.
Pravin Kumar has been posted as commandant 41st battaion PAC, Ghaziabad, the spokesman said. Kumar went on ten-day medical leave on September 25.
The newly appointed ADG (Law and Order) Mukul Goel has been given the additional charge of ATS and STF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed