Muzaffarnagar violence: Eight accused sent to judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: Eight persons, arrested in connection with the latest round of violence in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar, have been sent to 14 days` judicial custody.
The accused were produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate K P Singh last evening and sent to judicial custody till November 13.
Cases have been registered against 15 persons in connection with the violence, Muzaffarnagar SSP H M Singh had said, adding eight of them have so far been arrested.
Three persons were killed on October 30 night as communal violence erupted afresh at Muhammadpurraisingh village in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar district, which was hit by riots last month leaving 62 dead.
Meanwhile, security has been enhanced in the entire district where tension ran high, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference