Muzaffarnagar violence: High alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has issued a high alert in the state in view of the Muzaffarnagar violence.
The government has directed deployment of 28 companies of additional police force at different places in the state, sources said.
At least six persons have been killed and 34 injured in the strife-torn district where curfew was also imposed.
Five companies of PAC and as many of RAF have been rushed to the affected areas while IG law and order and IG Meerut zone have been asked to camp in the area till normalcy is restored, sources said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of the deceased scribe Rajesh Verma.
According to a statement, the chief minister has also announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh each to five others killed in the incident.
Rs 50,000 will be given to seriously injured and Rs 20,000 to those with minor injuries.
The statement said that the chief minister has also condoled the death of six persons and prayed for speedy recovery of the injured.
Earlier, the government had announced ex-gratia of Rs two lakh for the deceased, and Rs 30,000 for those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA