Muzaffarnagar violence: Political conspiracy to destabilise UP govt, says Akhilesh Yadav
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Lucknow: As the death toll in Muzaffarnagar violence touched 31, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday pinned the blame on political factors and said that some parties are trying to spoil the environment in the state.
Addressing reporters along with senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan, Akhilesh Yadav said that it is a political conspiracy to destabilise the state government and a small incident was flared up to create tension in the area.
"Political parties are trying to find ways to attack the government and this they have done in the past also. Earlier, in Shamli they have tried to vitiate the atmosphere of the state but it was thwarted," Akhilesh said.
The UP Chief Minister said that the culprits will be brought to book and administration will ensure strict punishment is meted out.
Giving assurance of strict action, Akhilesh said that the administration is working to ensure peace in Muzaffarnagar and ensure that violence doesn`t spread to other areas.
"I have assured them that peace and harmony will be maintained as soon as possible. We have already taken action and removed officers and are doing whatever is possible," Akhilesh said on the sidelines of a function to flag off the first batch of Haj pilgrims from the state.
Sporting a skull cap, Akhilesh said that action will be taken against anybody acting constitution and law.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh spoke to the UP Chief Minister about steps being taken to restore peace in Muzaffarnagar. The PM condemned the violence in UP and expresses grief and shock over loss of innocent lives.
Meamwhile, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today held a meeting with Akhilesh and senior officers and took stock of the situation.
The meeting holds significance after Governor BL Joshi`s report to the Centre in which he gave details of the incident and also lapses on part of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka