Muzaffarnagar violence: Political conspiracy to destabilise UP govt, says Akhilesh Yadav
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Lucknow: As the death toll in Muzaffarnagar violence touched 31, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday pinned the blame on political factors and said that some parties are trying to spoil the environment in the state.
Addressing reporters along with senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Azam Khan, Akhilesh Yadav said that it is a political conspiracy to destabilise the state government and a small incident was flared up to create tension in the area.
"Political parties are trying to find ways to attack the government and this they have done in the past also. Earlier, in Shamli they have tried to vitiate the atmosphere of the state but it was thwarted," Akhilesh said.
The UP Chief Minister said that the culprits will be brought to book and administration will ensure strict punishment is meted out.
Giving assurance of strict action, Akhilesh said that the administration is working to ensure peace in Muzaffarnagar and ensure that violence doesn`t spread to other areas.
"I have assured them that peace and harmony will be maintained as soon as possible. We have already taken action and removed officers and are doing whatever is possible," Akhilesh said on the sidelines of a function to flag off the first batch of Haj pilgrims from the state.
Sporting a skull cap, Akhilesh said that action will be taken against anybody acting constitution and law.
Earlier, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh spoke to the UP Chief Minister about steps being taken to restore peace in Muzaffarnagar. The PM condemned the violence in UP and expresses grief and shock over loss of innocent lives.
Meamwhile, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today held a meeting with Akhilesh and senior officers and took stock of the situation.
The meeting holds significance after Governor BL Joshi`s report to the Centre in which he gave details of the incident and also lapses on part of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi