Muzaffarnagar violence: Victims staying in camps will be sent home, says Akhilesh Yadav
Meerut: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that the victims of Muzaffarnagar violence staying in relief camps set up by the government will be sent home.
Talking to reporters here, Akhilesh said many victims have left the camps, and the rest would leave soon, and the district officials have been asked to ensure the victims are sent home safely.
The Chief Minister`s comments come after Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to Muzaffarnagar to meet the riot victims yesterday triggering a fresh round of sparring between Samajwadi Party(SP) and Congress.
Responding to questions on Rahul`s visit, Akhilesh said if the former had given any suggestions, his government would have considered it.
"We are not a party who shows black flags. We are connected to the youth and fight communalism," he said.
Akhilesh`s father and SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav earlier lashed out at the Congress and BJP claiming there were no riot victims in the camps, but supporters of the two parties who were staying there as part of a conspiracy to tarnish the image of his party`s government in UP.
On Aam Aadmi Party`s decision to form government in Delhi, Akhilesh said, "Let the elections come. We will see."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon