My buffaloes more famous than Queen Victoria: Azam Khan
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Kanpur: Taking a dig at the much-hyped brouhaha over his buffaloes, Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan on Wednesday said that his cattle had become more famous than Queen Victoria and that everyone including him must have a fortune like his buffaloes.
Apparently peeved over the extent of hoopla over his stolen buffaloes in media, Azam Khan said that whenever he switched on the TV, he got to see his buffaloes and people carrying their dung over their heads.
He continued his sarcasm saying that he would pray to Allah that everyone should have a fortune like his buffaloes.
Azam Khan`s seven buffaloes were stolen from his farmhouse on Friday night.
The furore over the matter came to light when a high-level search team was roped in to hunt the missing cattle.
It was a first of its kind search operation, with UP cops and sniffer dogs on their toes to search the missing buffaloes.
A massive search operation was launched by senior police officials, who also scoured through slaughter houses and neighbouring areas.
The missing cattle were finally traced after a day of strenuous hunt.
Three police officials also had to bear the brunt of the buffalo theft as they were later transferred over dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi