My son mentally depressed: Rathore attacker’s father
Lucknow: The father of the youth who on Friday stabbed former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore today in Chandigarh court premises said his son was mentally depressed.
“He has been undergoing medication for depression for the past 6 months or so,” SC Sharma, Utsav Sharma’s father, told reporters while preparing to leave for Ahmedabad where he is a National Institute of Design (NID) student.
“He was talking something about imjustice and how he could not stand it. There must have been some abnormal circumstances that he did what he did,” he said.
My son is a brilliant student, a gold medallist of Benaras Hindu University, he added, saying his son had only yesterday told him that he was busy and would return home after finishing his work.
Meanwhile, Utsav’s institute said it will take action if there is charge of criminal activity against any of their students.
"NID will take action against the student as per the
prescribed norms of the institute in the event of a criminal
case registered against him," NID director Pradyumna Vyas
"The youth identified as Utsav Sharma is pursuing
post-graduate diploma in animation and film design from our
institute," NID spokesperson Sameer More said.
"Sharma has completed the two-year course but is yet
to receive his diploma certificate as he had not completed the
internship which is mandatory," More said.
More said that the officials are checking the
background of Sharma.
According to Chandigarh police, 68-year-old Rathore
was stabbed by Sharma outside a local court there which is
hearing his appeal in the Ruchika molestation case.
Police said Sharma was a resident of Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh and was studying in Gujarat.
Sharma had stabbed Rathore with a knife. He is in
police custody and is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India