My son mentally depressed: Rathore attacker’s father
Lucknow: The father of the youth who on Friday stabbed former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore today in Chandigarh court premises said his son was mentally depressed.
“He has been undergoing medication for depression for the past 6 months or so,” SC Sharma, Utsav Sharma’s father, told reporters while preparing to leave for Ahmedabad where he is a National Institute of Design (NID) student.
“He was talking something about imjustice and how he could not stand it. There must have been some abnormal circumstances that he did what he did,” he said.
My son is a brilliant student, a gold medallist of Benaras Hindu University, he added, saying his son had only yesterday told him that he was busy and would return home after finishing his work.
Meanwhile, Utsav’s institute said it will take action if there is charge of criminal activity against any of their students.
"NID will take action against the student as per the
prescribed norms of the institute in the event of a criminal
case registered against him," NID director Pradyumna Vyas
"The youth identified as Utsav Sharma is pursuing
post-graduate diploma in animation and film design from our
institute," NID spokesperson Sameer More said.
"Sharma has completed the two-year course but is yet
to receive his diploma certificate as he had not completed the
internship which is mandatory," More said.
More said that the officials are checking the
background of Sharma.
According to Chandigarh police, 68-year-old Rathore
was stabbed by Sharma outside a local court there which is
hearing his appeal in the Ruchika molestation case.
Police said Sharma was a resident of Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh and was studying in Gujarat.
Sharma had stabbed Rathore with a knife. He is in
police custody and is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH