Mystery shrouds death of retired IAF personnel
Gorakhpur: A retired Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel was found dead under mysterious circumstances near a railway crossing here on Monday, police said.
The body of Rajkishore Yadav, aged around 62, who retired as an airman in the IAF, was found near the railway crossing in the cantonment area of Gorakhpur, some 350 km from Lucknow.
"Though there are some injury marks on Yadav`s body, we are yet to ascertain whether it`s a murder or a natural death," police inspector RK Singh told reporters in Gorakhpur.
"The body has been sent for a post-mortem that would establish the exact reason behind death," he added.
According to police, Yadav was a native of Nandnagar area in Gorakhpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC