Nadvi re-elected Muslim Personal Law Board President
Lucknow: Rabey Hasni Nadvi was Saturday
re-elected President of the All India Muslim Personal Law
Board for the third consecutive term even as women`s
representation on the panel rose with five women making it to
the Executive Committee at its three-day conference.
Begum Iktadar Ali, Lari, Dr Sakia Naseem, all from
Lucknow, Noor Jahan Shakeel from Kolkata and Asma Zehra from
Hyderabad were the five women elected today to the 51-member
executive committee which had only one woman representative in
the last term, senior member of the board and spokesman of the
conference`s Welcome Committee Zafaryab Jilani told reporters.
Begum Naseem Iktadar Ali was the lone member of the
executive in the last term, he said.
Rabey Hasni Nadvi was elected unopposed as President of
the board for a third time in a row, Jilani said, adding that
the board also filled eight vacancies of founder members.
Former Supreme court judge Shah Mohammad Qadri and
deputy chairman of the Rajya Sabha, K. Rehman Khan were among
the eight who were elected as founder members, who together
have a strength of 102.
Among the 119 term members (men) for the three-year
tenure, 22 new faces got elected while among the 30 term
members (women) three new faces were elected, Jilani said,
adding that the collective strength of the board is now 251.
Among those included are eight MPs and efforts
have been made to give representation to all parts of the
country including Meghalaya, Tripura and Laddakh which were
not represented on the panel earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings