Nandi attack case: SP MLA shifted to Allahabad Jail
Meerut: Samajwadi Party MLA Vijay Mishra,
arrested in connection with the bomb attack on Uttar Pradesh
minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi, has been shifted to Allahabad
jail from Meerut district prison.
Acting on a Allahabad special court order of February
11, a police team arrived at Meerut jail yesterday and took
Mishra, who is remanded to 60 days of judicial custody, to
Naini Central Jail.
After his arrest on February 9 from Delhi, the SP MLA
was locked in Meerut jail but the court, citing security
concerns, ordered administration to shift him to the
high-security Naini jail.
Mishra is key accused in the bomb attack on Nandi
outside his Allahabad house on July 12 last year. The blast
had killed two persons and left the minister seriously
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city