Naqvi hints at early LS polls
Rampur: Hinting at early Lok Sabha elections, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the main contest in the battle would be between the BJP-led NDA and the Congress-led UPA.
The country could be headed for early Parliamentary polls in the wake of "political uncertainty and misgovernance of the UPA-II", he told reporters here.
"Lok Sabha polls may be held along with the upcoming Assembly elections in several states," Naqvi said.
He said the main contest in the Lok Sabha elections would be between the NDA and the UPA.
"There is only a remote possibility of the emergence of any other front," the BJP leader said.
In reply to a question on whether President Pratibha Patil should be given another term, Naqvi said the BJP was opposed to the idea.
"The country`s highest constitutional post should not be treated at par with village heads who are elected twice, thrice or even more," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan