Naqvi hints at early LS polls
Rampur: Hinting at early Lok Sabha elections, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the main contest in the battle would be between the BJP-led NDA and the Congress-led UPA.
The country could be headed for early Parliamentary polls in the wake of "political uncertainty and misgovernance of the UPA-II", he told reporters here.
"Lok Sabha polls may be held along with the upcoming Assembly elections in several states," Naqvi said.
He said the main contest in the Lok Sabha elections would be between the NDA and the UPA.
"There is only a remote possibility of the emergence of any other front," the BJP leader said.
In reply to a question on whether President Pratibha Patil should be given another term, Naqvi said the BJP was opposed to the idea.
"The country`s highest constitutional post should not be treated at par with village heads who are elected twice, thrice or even more," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes