Naqvi hints at early LS polls
Rampur: Hinting at early Lok Sabha elections, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the main contest in the battle would be between the BJP-led NDA and the Congress-led UPA.
The country could be headed for early Parliamentary polls in the wake of "political uncertainty and misgovernance of the UPA-II", he told reporters here.
"Lok Sabha polls may be held along with the upcoming Assembly elections in several states," Naqvi said.
He said the main contest in the Lok Sabha elections would be between the NDA and the UPA.
"There is only a remote possibility of the emergence of any other front," the BJP leader said.
In reply to a question on whether President Pratibha Patil should be given another term, Naqvi said the BJP was opposed to the idea.
"The country`s highest constitutional post should not be treated at par with village heads who are elected twice, thrice or even more," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon