Naqvi hints at early LS polls
Rampur: Hinting at early Lok Sabha elections, BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the main contest in the battle would be between the BJP-led NDA and the Congress-led UPA.
The country could be headed for early Parliamentary polls in the wake of "political uncertainty and misgovernance of the UPA-II", he told reporters here.
"Lok Sabha polls may be held along with the upcoming Assembly elections in several states," Naqvi said.
He said the main contest in the Lok Sabha elections would be between the NDA and the UPA.
"There is only a remote possibility of the emergence of any other front," the BJP leader said.
In reply to a question on whether President Pratibha Patil should be given another term, Naqvi said the BJP was opposed to the idea.
"The country`s highest constitutional post should not be treated at par with village heads who are elected twice, thrice or even more," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!