Naqvi takes potshots at Cong
Bhimnagar: BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said the day Congress would announce imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh, its government at the Centre would fall within 24 hours.
"The day the Congress will announce President`s rule in UP, its government at the Centre will either be toppled or fall within 24 hours," he told reporters here.
Lauding Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, Naqvi, however, said his colleagues were damaging the campaign by their statements.
"Arvind Kejriwal should first become a Member of Parliament and see its sanctity before commenting about Parliament," Naqvi said in Ghaziabad.
Kejriwal had raised a political storm yesterday by labelling MPs as "rapists, murderers and looters".
Naqvi accused Kejriwal of being "arrogant" and asked him to keep a check on his language before making a statement that might damage the sanctity of Parliament.
"Such arrogant attitude and disrespect to Parliament and its members will not only damage its sanctity but also Anna Hazare`s movement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened