Naqvi takes potshots at Cong
Bhimnagar: BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said the day Congress would announce imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh, its government at the Centre would fall within 24 hours.
"The day the Congress will announce President`s rule in UP, its government at the Centre will either be toppled or fall within 24 hours," he told reporters here.
Lauding Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, Naqvi, however, said his colleagues were damaging the campaign by their statements.
"Arvind Kejriwal should first become a Member of Parliament and see its sanctity before commenting about Parliament," Naqvi said in Ghaziabad.
Kejriwal had raised a political storm yesterday by labelling MPs as "rapists, murderers and looters".
Naqvi accused Kejriwal of being "arrogant" and asked him to keep a check on his language before making a statement that might damage the sanctity of Parliament.
"Such arrogant attitude and disrespect to Parliament and its members will not only damage its sanctity but also Anna Hazare`s movement," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof