Narendra Modi mocks at Centre`s gold hunt
Chennai: Taking a dig at the Centre for its "gold hunt", BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday urged the Government to bring back the black money allegedly stashed in Swiss banks.
"The government has started to dig for some 1,000 tonnes gold, after someone dreamt of it. You bring back the money that the looters have stashed in Swiss banks. That would be more than the value of 1,000 tonnes of gold," Modi said while addressing BJP workers on his arrival here on a day`s visit to the city.
The Gujarat Chief Minister was apparently mocking at the excavation work being undertaken by Archaeological Survey of India in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh to hunt for a gold treasure on the basis of a dream by a seer who had predicted about 1,000 tonnes of gold in that area.
Modi said the deadly cyclone Phailin which hit parts of Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Bihar did not destroy much as it was feared, but the country was witnessing a cyclone of change to ensure a "Congress mukth Bharat".
He said he has been witnessing a wave of change in the country, including in Tamil Nadu to change the government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere