Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi to battle it out in UP in October
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The state of Uttar Pradesh with eighty Lok Sabha seats is important for all political parties, including the Congress and the BJP, if they want to occupy power in Delhi. Thus, it is no surprise that top political leaders make sure to address as many rallies as possible in the state if General Elections are round the corner.
In the month of October, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will be addressing a series of rallies in the Hindi heartland this month. Rahul will address a rally each in Rampur and Aligarh on October 9, both the places which have a good minority population. The scion of the Gandhi family will address two more rallies on October 22 in Hamirpur and Salempur. The Congress won 22 seats in UP in the last General elections.
On the other hand, the Gujarat Chief Minister will kick-off his UP campaign with a rally on October 19 in Kanpur, where Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal is MP from. His next rally will be on October 25 in Bahraich and in Jhansi on October 30. In both these paces Congress candidates had won in the last Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP won only ten seats in the 2009 polls. However, the party would be hoping that the magic of Narendra Modi works in the state and they are able to improve their tally in 2014. Modi`s close aide, Amit Shah, is in-charge of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’