Narendra Modi, RSS "lit the fire of communalism" in Muzaffarnagar: Azam Khan
Rampur: Alleging that Narendra Modi and RSS "lit the fire of communalism" in Muzaffarnagar, senior SP leader Azam Khan on Saturday accused the media of being "partial" for blaming the Uttar Pradesh government for the riots.
Talking to reporters here today, the Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister said, "You televised and publicised the unfortunate happenings (in Muzaffarnagar), but refrained from highlighting the persons, groups of persons and organisations who were responsible for burning houses and property of the innocent people compelling them to flee."
"It were Narendra Modi (BJP prime ministerial candidate) and RSS who lit the fire of communalism," he said, adding the media did not highlight the truth and blamed the government.
When asked why he had not visited the riots-hit areas, he said, "Muzaffarnagar is very much in my heart. Physically I am here but my heart and soul are amidst the riots-hit people."
Stating that "half truth was more dangerous than lie", the minister lashed out at opposition leaders who "tried to make the situations more complicated by making politically motivated statements."
The minister urged the people of Uttar Pradesh to maintain peace and harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues