Narendra Modi, RSS "lit the fire of communalism" in Muzaffarnagar: Azam Khan
Rampur: Alleging that Narendra Modi and RSS "lit the fire of communalism" in Muzaffarnagar, senior SP leader Azam Khan on Saturday accused the media of being "partial" for blaming the Uttar Pradesh government for the riots.
Talking to reporters here today, the Uttar Pradesh Urban Development Minister said, "You televised and publicised the unfortunate happenings (in Muzaffarnagar), but refrained from highlighting the persons, groups of persons and organisations who were responsible for burning houses and property of the innocent people compelling them to flee."
"It were Narendra Modi (BJP prime ministerial candidate) and RSS who lit the fire of communalism," he said, adding the media did not highlight the truth and blamed the government.
When asked why he had not visited the riots-hit areas, he said, "Muzaffarnagar is very much in my heart. Physically I am here but my heart and soul are amidst the riots-hit people."
Stating that "half truth was more dangerous than lie", the minister lashed out at opposition leaders who "tried to make the situations more complicated by making politically motivated statements."
The minister urged the people of Uttar Pradesh to maintain peace and harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate