Narendra Modi should learn culture and politics of UP: Mulayam
Rampur: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said that if Narendra Modi wanted to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Uttar Pradesh he should come forward and learn the culture and politics of the state, where people could not be divided along communal lines.
"He (Modi) should not think that UP is Gujarat since there was a sea of difference between cultures of the two states, people of these states differ so far as political thinking and social attitudes are concerned," he said here yesterday.
"If Modi is keen to contest from UP let him come forward so that he may be equipped with the culture and politics of the peace loving electorate who have been living here practising communal brotherhood and harmony," Yadav said.
On being asked about SP candidates to be pitted against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi and other important constituencies, he said, "the decision will be taken by the party`s parliamentary board."
He criticised Centre`s stand on the recent Chinese incursions in Ladakh and said strict steps were required to prevent any such step in future.
Yadav was in the city to condole the death of State Minister Azam Khan`s mother.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'