Narendra Modi should learn culture and politics of UP: Mulayam
Rampur: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said that if Narendra Modi wanted to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Uttar Pradesh he should come forward and learn the culture and politics of the state, where people could not be divided along communal lines.
"He (Modi) should not think that UP is Gujarat since there was a sea of difference between cultures of the two states, people of these states differ so far as political thinking and social attitudes are concerned," he said here yesterday.
"If Modi is keen to contest from UP let him come forward so that he may be equipped with the culture and politics of the peace loving electorate who have been living here practising communal brotherhood and harmony," Yadav said.
On being asked about SP candidates to be pitted against Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi and other important constituencies, he said, "the decision will be taken by the party`s parliamentary board."
He criticised Centre`s stand on the recent Chinese incursions in Ladakh and said strict steps were required to prevent any such step in future.
Yadav was in the city to condole the death of State Minister Azam Khan`s mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested