Narendra Modi to campaign in UP polls
New Delhi: Armed with catchy slogans and a
hi-tech campaign, BJP will unleash all its senior leaders
including Narendra Modi in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh from
The party`s campaign plans give a clear indication that
it will make a major issue of the Centre`s decision to provide
reservation to backward minorities in a bid to consolidate its
The party will also seek to highlight "misrule" of the
BSP government counterpointing it with the "good governance"
of BJP and NDA-ruled states through its five "Sushashan Vans"
with live webcasting facilities.
Party spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the
party is beginning its aggressive election campaign in UP from
January 20 starting a series of Satta Badlo Padyatra while
large rallies by national leaders will follow from 31st of
LK Advani, Modi, Nitin Gadkari, Sushma Swaraj and Arun
Jaitley along with some other senior leaders will be
addressing the rallies while the party has also roped
in cine star turned politicians Hema Malini and Shatrughan
Sources said that Modi will address one rally in each of
the seven phases there, while Advani will be addressing 21
rallies during his seven-day campaign in the state.
Naqvi said that the party has decided to organize street
plays under the title `Singhasan ye Bhrashtachari hai aam
aadmi per bhaari` (the corrupt ruling dispensation in UP is
proving to be heavy on the common man) in all villages of the
state to highlight "corruption and misrule" of Mayawati
The party has also coined terms like GARIB and KASAB to
highlight the issues of corruption, inflation, unemployment
and reservation based on religion to target Congress, BSP and
Naqvi said GARIB stands for (Ghotala, Arajakta,
Reservation on basis of religion, Inflation and Berojgari-
scam, anarchy, reservation, inflation and unemployment) while
KASAB is for Congress, Samajwadi Party and BSP.
"To free Uttar Pradesh from GARIB, KASAB will have to be
hanged," the BJP leader said.
Naqvi said the party will hold a protest march under its
programme Samvidhan Bachao Majhabi Aarakshan Hatao on January
23, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
It will organise a "maha aarti programme on the same day.
We will burn copies of the proposal for reservation on the
basis of religion to save the country, Constitution and Uttar
Pradesh from confrontation and bickerings on religious lines,"
There is a view in the party that the upper caste votes
are not going to Congress. The party`s programmes also gives a
clear indication that it will be raising the issue of
reservation for backward Muslims announced by the Centre in a
big way to consolidate its OBC base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok