Narendra Modi`s rally in Balaghat: As it happened
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
12:56 pm Modi concludes his speech.
12:50 pm `Live for the country, die for the country`, this is our ideology, you (Rahul Gandhi) can’t compete with this ideology: Modi
12:49 pm Modi says that his ideology is putting country before self and it`s not all about the family.
12:47 pm Modi now takes on Rahul for his ideology remark, says our ideology is nation is bigger than party.
12:44 pm Modi comes to the development issue, says given a high speed rail connectivity between Delhi and this region, it will develop quickly.
12:40 pm What kind of situation is this where our mothers and daughters do not feel safe?
12:39 pm UP can benefit if the dynastic politics ends, says Modi. Do you trust those sitting in power in Delhi or Lucknow, Modi asks.
12:38 pm If even there is a 2 minute power cut in Gujarat then our media friends make it into headlines, but If power comes in Uttar Pradesh that becomes the headline in the news.
12:37 pm Modi says Lal Bahadur Shastri`s slogan was `Jai Jawan Jai Kisan` but Congress has turned into `Mar jawan mar kisan`.
12:34 pm How can you believe someone who can ally with his father`s adversaries, asks Modi on Charan Singh`s son joining the Congress. Baghpat needs a grounded leader not a flying one, he states.
12:33 pm Bhartiya Lok Dal`s Chaudhary Charan Singh took on Congress for its anti-farmer policies, but his son went and sat in Congress`s lap, says Modi.
12:31 pm The Centre couldn`t tell the Pak PM that the meeting could wait. It couldn`t say so because it lacks courage, Modi says.
12:30 pm Modi rakes up soldier beheading issue, says On one hand Pakistan beheads our soldiers and on the other hand Pakistan`s PM is treated with Chicken Biryani.
12:28 pm In 1857 it was `kamal aur roti` and in 2014 again it is `kamal aur Modi`, says BJP`s PM candidate.
12:25 pm Addressing the rally Narendra Modi says From Maharshi Dayananda Saraswati`s Janmabhoomi, I have come to his Karmabhoomi.
After addressing two rallies in Mandla and Balaghat in Madhya Pradesh on Friday, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today addressed a rally in Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain