Naresh Tikait made new BKU national president
Muzaffarnagar: BKU will not hesitate to
launch an agitation on the land acquisition issue for the
welfare of the farmers, newly-elected national President of
Bhartiya Kisan Union Naresh Tikait said here.
"BKU is sincere about the land acquisition issue and
will not hesitate to start the agitation on it," he said here
He said that the party will remain a non political
organisation and its movement for the interest of the farmers
will also continue.
55-year-old Tikait was yesterday made the new national
President of BKU after the death of his father and BKU head
Mahendra Singh Tikait.
76-year-old Mahendra Singh Tikait, who was suffering
from bone cancer, died on May 15.
Naresh, the eldest son of Mahendra, was also made the
head of Baliyan Khap.
Opposing marriages in the same khap, he said he will
try to make the khap council more strong.
The government should bring an amendment in the Hindu
Marriage Act to enforce a ban on same khap marriages, he told
reporters at Sisauli near here.
Various prominent political leaders, including BJP
leader L K Advani, RLD leader Choudhary Ajit Singh, former
Chief Minister of Haryana Om Prakash Chautala were also
present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm