Navodaya student commits suicide in school campus
Etah (UP): A class XIIth student of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya allegedly committed suicide on the school campus by hanging himself with a tree with the family claiming that he took the step after he was assaulted by school authorities and a policeman over disappearance of another student.
18-year-old Raj Kumar Mathur was found hanging from a tree in the school campus in Dighor yesterday, police said.
Raj`s family lodged an FIR alleging that he ended his life after he was beaten up by the principal, a teacher and an SHO while questioning him in connection with the disappearance of one of his friends, Shubham, from the school.
Shubham, also a class XII student, had run away from the school. He was later traced by police and brought to school by the SHO of Rijor police station Subodh Yadav.
Feeling humiliated by the beating, Raj allegedly hanged himself, according to the FIR.
His body was found hanging from tree by other students, who then closed the gate of the school and demanded action against the principal, teacher and the policemen.
They opened the gate only when the DM and other police officials reached the spot.
Following the complaint, police registered a case of abetment to suicide against the principal R P Sharma, teacher Beena Jain and the the SHO, said Additional S P Radhey Mohan Bhardwaj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves