Navodaya student commits suicide in school campus
Etah (UP): A class XIIth student of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya allegedly committed suicide on the school campus by hanging himself with a tree with the family claiming that he took the step after he was assaulted by school authorities and a policeman over disappearance of another student.
18-year-old Raj Kumar Mathur was found hanging from a tree in the school campus in Dighor yesterday, police said.
Raj`s family lodged an FIR alleging that he ended his life after he was beaten up by the principal, a teacher and an SHO while questioning him in connection with the disappearance of one of his friends, Shubham, from the school.
Shubham, also a class XII student, had run away from the school. He was later traced by police and brought to school by the SHO of Rijor police station Subodh Yadav.
Feeling humiliated by the beating, Raj allegedly hanged himself, according to the FIR.
His body was found hanging from tree by other students, who then closed the gate of the school and demanded action against the principal, teacher and the policemen.
They opened the gate only when the DM and other police officials reached the spot.
Following the complaint, police registered a case of abetment to suicide against the principal R P Sharma, teacher Beena Jain and the the SHO, said Additional S P Radhey Mohan Bhardwaj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’