NBW against BSP MLA in rape case
Badaun: A local court on Thursday issued a
non-bailable warrant against BSP MLA from Bilsi Yogendra Sagar
in connection with the alleged abduction and gangrape of a
girl three years ago.
Issuing the NBW against the legislator, accused of
abducting and raping a girl, Additional Munsif Magistrate
Jeenat Mirza directed the SSP to arrest the MLA and produce
him in court.
According to petitioner`s counsel the matter relates
to the gangrape of a girl in 2008 in which two accused
Tejendra Sagar and Meenu Sharma are already in jail.
Earlier, on Mar 15 the Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court had directed the SSP to arrest the BSP MLA from
Bilsi in connection with the case.
A division bench comprising Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice Ashwani Kumar Singh passed this order on a writ
petition filed by one Premchandra Sharma, seeking appropriate
legal action against MLA Yogendra Sagar including his arrest.
It was alleged that the local police authorities were
not arresting the MLA under his pressure.
The court had directed Judicial Magistrate of Badaun
to issue a fresh non-bailable warrant against the MLA within
seven days and SSP Badaun to ensure his arrest within 10 days
thereafter, the petitioner`s counsel I B Singh had said.
The court while passing the above order had fixed May
10 as the next date of hearing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India