NBW against BSP MLA in rape case
Badaun: A local court on Thursday issued a
non-bailable warrant against BSP MLA from Bilsi Yogendra Sagar
in connection with the alleged abduction and gangrape of a
girl three years ago.
Issuing the NBW against the legislator, accused of
abducting and raping a girl, Additional Munsif Magistrate
Jeenat Mirza directed the SSP to arrest the MLA and produce
him in court.
According to petitioner`s counsel the matter relates
to the gangrape of a girl in 2008 in which two accused
Tejendra Sagar and Meenu Sharma are already in jail.
Earlier, on Mar 15 the Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court had directed the SSP to arrest the BSP MLA from
Bilsi in connection with the case.
A division bench comprising Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice Ashwani Kumar Singh passed this order on a writ
petition filed by one Premchandra Sharma, seeking appropriate
legal action against MLA Yogendra Sagar including his arrest.
It was alleged that the local police authorities were
not arresting the MLA under his pressure.
The court had directed Judicial Magistrate of Badaun
to issue a fresh non-bailable warrant against the MLA within
seven days and SSP Badaun to ensure his arrest within 10 days
thereafter, the petitioner`s counsel I B Singh had said.
The court while passing the above order had fixed May
10 as the next date of hearing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Taj Mahal, Vaishno Devi among 10 iconic places to be cleaned!
- Deadlock persists as China leads opposition to India's NSG membership bid
- India slips one spot to 12th rank in millionaire population
- 'Dishoom' team to begin promotions at India's centrepoint
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016