NBW against BSP MLA in rape case
Badaun: A local court on Thursday issued a
non-bailable warrant against BSP MLA from Bilsi Yogendra Sagar
in connection with the alleged abduction and gangrape of a
girl three years ago.
Issuing the NBW against the legislator, accused of
abducting and raping a girl, Additional Munsif Magistrate
Jeenat Mirza directed the SSP to arrest the MLA and produce
him in court.
According to petitioner`s counsel the matter relates
to the gangrape of a girl in 2008 in which two accused
Tejendra Sagar and Meenu Sharma are already in jail.
Earlier, on Mar 15 the Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court had directed the SSP to arrest the BSP MLA from
Bilsi in connection with the case.
A division bench comprising Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice Ashwani Kumar Singh passed this order on a writ
petition filed by one Premchandra Sharma, seeking appropriate
legal action against MLA Yogendra Sagar including his arrest.
It was alleged that the local police authorities were
not arresting the MLA under his pressure.
The court had directed Judicial Magistrate of Badaun
to issue a fresh non-bailable warrant against the MLA within
seven days and SSP Badaun to ensure his arrest within 10 days
thereafter, the petitioner`s counsel I B Singh had said.
The court while passing the above order had fixed May
10 as the next date of hearing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof