NBW against former BSP MLA in gang rape case
Badaun (UP): A local court here has issued a non-bailable warrant against a former BSP MLA and issued orders to attach his property in connection with the abduction and gang rape of a student.
Judicial Magistrate Awadhesh Kumar Singh, while issuing the order on Monday, directed the police to ensure strict implementation.
Former BSP MLA from Bilsi seat Yogendra Sagar is an accused in the abduction and gang rape of a student along with two others.
While two accused are already in jail, Sagar was declared absconder by the court in March last year and his revision petition was rejected by the district judge on August 22.
The victim`s father had moved an application suspecting that the former MLA was planning to leave the country after disposing off his property.
When contacted, Senior Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini said they are yet to receive the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH