NBW against rape victim and witness
Muzaffarnagar: Non-bailable warrants were issued against a rape victim and a witness by a local court here on Thursday for recording their statements in connection with a rape case.
Additional District and Sessions judge Syed Sarwar Husain also issued show cause notices to the SHO of Charthawal police station for failing to execute non-bailable warrants on the witness and victim girl.
According to the prosecution, the victim and her witness haven`t appeared in court for deposing in connection with a rape case.
The 17-year-old girl was raped by two youths at Kasiyara village in the district on August 2, 2011. Police filed a case which is now pending in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok