NBW against rape victim and witness
Muzaffarnagar: Non-bailable warrants were issued against a rape victim and a witness by a local court here on Thursday for recording their statements in connection with a rape case.
Additional District and Sessions judge Syed Sarwar Husain also issued show cause notices to the SHO of Charthawal police station for failing to execute non-bailable warrants on the witness and victim girl.
According to the prosecution, the victim and her witness haven`t appeared in court for deposing in connection with a rape case.
The 17-year-old girl was raped by two youths at Kasiyara village in the district on August 2, 2011. Police filed a case which is now pending in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit