NBWs issued against police officials in Ranbir fake encounter
New Delhi: A Delhi court has issued fresh
non bailable warrants against seven officials of Uttarakhand Police accused in the infamous Ranbir fake encounter case.
Special Judge V K Maheshwari also issued notices to 11
other accused in the case in which 22-year-old MBA student
Ranbir was allegedly gunned down by the Uttarakhand Police on
July 3, 2009.
The case was transferred from Dehradun to Delhi by the
Supreme Court last month following a request by Ranbir`s
The apex court had quashed the order of Nainital High
Court and cancelled the bail of the seven police official --
Inspector Santosh Kumar Jaiswal, constable Ajit Singh, Sub
Inspector`s Nitin Chauhan, Gopal Dutt Bhatt, Rajesh Bisht,
Chander Mohan Singh Rawat and Niraj Yadav.
The CBI court here has now issued fresh NBWs against
the accused police officials after agency`s prosecutor Brajesh
Shukla said that a Dehradun court had already issued warrants
against them after the apex court had cancelled their bail
"Senior public prosecutor submitted that court of
Special Judge, Anti Corruption (CBI), Dehradun had issued NBWs
against all these accused in view of cancellation of their
bail by the Supreme Court.
"He had also requested that fresh NBWs against all
these accused may be issued. Request allowed. Ahlmad (staff) of this court is directed to issue fresh NBWs against all these accused and notice to their sureties," the Special Judge said.
Inspector Praveen Dubey of CBI`s Special Crime Branch,
Lucknow also placed the unexecuted NBWs, issued against the
seven accused officials by the Dehradun court, before the
The court has also issued notices against 11 other
accused namely Satbir Singh, Sunil Saini, Chander Pal, Saurabh
Nautiyal, Nagender Rathi, Vikas Chandra Baluni, Sanjay Rawat,
Mohan Singh Rana, Inder Bhan Singh, Jaspal Singh Gosain and
The seven police personnel were arrested in this case
after the prosecution had contended that Ranbir, an MBA
student from Meerut, went to Dehradun in search of a job when
the police personnel of Dalanwala police station on July 2,
2009, pumped 29 bullets into him from close range after
branding him as a robber.
As the accused were local police personnel, the case
was entrusted to CBI.
The chargesheet in the case was filed in the court of
Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI), Dehradun on December 22,
2009 against the 18 accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder