ND Tiwari praises Modi
Faizabad: Sidelined Congress leader N D Tiwari, who appeared to be warming up to ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, has raised eyebrows by praising Narendra Modi and sharing stage with VHP leaders.
Tiwari was on the dais with Ram Janam Bhumi Nyas president and senior VHP leader Mahant Nritya Gopal Das at a programme of an eye hospital in Ayodhya where he was the chief guest and also visited the disputed site yesterday.
Praising Modi, Tiwari said the Gujarat chief Minister "has done great works for developments and prosperity in his state and now he is the prime ministerial candidate".
He appreciating Modi for different projects initiated by him and said the country`s top priority is development.
After the Samajwadi Party government was formed in Uttar Pradesh, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and chief minister Akhilesh Yadav had often visited Tiwari and also invited him on various occasions.
However, Tiwari`s remarks have raised eyebrows in the SP with its leaders saying that Modi "cannot be foregiven" for the 2002 riots .
"Modi cannot be forgiven on any ground, whether it is development or prosperity," Uttar Pradesh minister Tej Narain Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!