ND Tiwari stages sit-in
Lucknow: Veteran Congress leader and former chief minister ND Tiwari staged a sit-in here on Wednesday, protesting what he said neglect of Ravindranath Tagore on his death anniversary.
Tiwari, the former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand chief minister, arrived at Ravindralaya to pay homage to Tagore but was shocked to know that no programme was organised on his death anniversary, his OSD Bhavani Bhat said.
In protest, he sat on a dharna this evening, he said.
When District Magistrate Anurag Yadav assured him that such a lapse would not occur again, he called off his sit-in, Bhatt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!