ND Tiwari stages sit-in
Lucknow: Veteran Congress leader and former chief minister ND Tiwari staged a sit-in here on Wednesday, protesting what he said neglect of Ravindranath Tagore on his death anniversary.
Tiwari, the former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand chief minister, arrived at Ravindralaya to pay homage to Tagore but was shocked to know that no programme was organised on his death anniversary, his OSD Bhavani Bhat said.
In protest, he sat on a dharna this evening, he said.
When District Magistrate Anurag Yadav assured him that such a lapse would not occur again, he called off his sit-in, Bhatt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh