ND Tiwari stages sit-in
Lucknow: Veteran Congress leader and former chief minister ND Tiwari staged a sit-in here on Wednesday, protesting what he said neglect of Ravindranath Tagore on his death anniversary.
Tiwari, the former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand chief minister, arrived at Ravindralaya to pay homage to Tagore but was shocked to know that no programme was organised on his death anniversary, his OSD Bhavani Bhat said.
In protest, he sat on a dharna this evening, he said.
When District Magistrate Anurag Yadav assured him that such a lapse would not occur again, he called off his sit-in, Bhatt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'