ND Tiwari stages sit-in
Lucknow: Veteran Congress leader and former chief minister ND Tiwari staged a sit-in here on Wednesday, protesting what he said neglect of Ravindranath Tagore on his death anniversary.
Tiwari, the former Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand chief minister, arrived at Ravindralaya to pay homage to Tagore but was shocked to know that no programme was organised on his death anniversary, his OSD Bhavani Bhat said.
In protest, he sat on a dharna this evening, he said.
When District Magistrate Anurag Yadav assured him that such a lapse would not occur again, he called off his sit-in, Bhatt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal