NDA takes dig at Cong for poor performance in UP
Patna: The NDA on Monday ridiculed the
Congress for poor performance in the Uttar Pradesh assembly
polls that triggered heated exchange of words between the
ruling and Congress legislators in the legislative assembly.
Replying to a supplementary question by Congress
MLA Sadanand Singh whether the state government proposed to
withdraw its deposits from those banks for inadequate
disbursal of loans to the people in Bihar, the Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said that it was the
duty of the Centre to act against such banks.
"It has been due to its ignorance of just demands of
the states that the electoral fortunes of the Congress
nosedived in Uttar Pradesh so much so that two-third of its
candidates lost deposits," Yadav said provoking a rebuttal by
the senior Congress MLA.
Singh, a former legislative assembly speaker, asked
the Parliamentary Affairs minister not to rejoice at the
Congress`s performance, but to do some introspection as the
JD(U) failed to win even a single seat in U.P. assembly polls.
Yadav, a senior JD(U) leader, said that his party had
no stakes in Uttar Pradesh. Nor did it have a `Yuvraj` to
boost its electoral prospects, he said in an obvious reference
to the Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Replying to the Congress MLA`s supplementary question
on a more serious note, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister
said that the state government has written to the Centre about
the public sector banks for poor disbursal of loans in Bihar,
but its grievances have not been paid due attention.
It was the duty of the Central government to crackdown
against the public sectors banks for ignoring its guidelines
on loan disbursal, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'