NDA takes dig at Cong for poor performance in UP
Patna: The NDA on Monday ridiculed the
Congress for poor performance in the Uttar Pradesh assembly
polls that triggered heated exchange of words between the
ruling and Congress legislators in the legislative assembly.
Replying to a supplementary question by Congress
MLA Sadanand Singh whether the state government proposed to
withdraw its deposits from those banks for inadequate
disbursal of loans to the people in Bihar, the Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav said that it was the
duty of the Centre to act against such banks.
"It has been due to its ignorance of just demands of
the states that the electoral fortunes of the Congress
nosedived in Uttar Pradesh so much so that two-third of its
candidates lost deposits," Yadav said provoking a rebuttal by
the senior Congress MLA.
Singh, a former legislative assembly speaker, asked
the Parliamentary Affairs minister not to rejoice at the
Congress`s performance, but to do some introspection as the
JD(U) failed to win even a single seat in U.P. assembly polls.
Yadav, a senior JD(U) leader, said that his party had
no stakes in Uttar Pradesh. Nor did it have a `Yuvraj` to
boost its electoral prospects, he said in an obvious reference
to the Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Replying to the Congress MLA`s supplementary question
on a more serious note, the Parliamentary Affairs Minister
said that the state government has written to the Centre about
the public sector banks for poor disbursal of loans in Bihar,
but its grievances have not been paid due attention.
It was the duty of the Central government to crackdown
against the public sectors banks for ignoring its guidelines
on loan disbursal, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured