Nearly 2,000 UP cops transferred in two years
Lucknow: A Right to Information (RTI) query has revealed that 1,828 officers of the provincial police service (PPS) in Uttar Pradesh were transferred in the state in the last two years.
This, the RTI response says, includes 478 officers of additional superintendent rank (ASP) and 1,350 deputy superintendents (DSP).
The RTI response 307 ASP rank officers got transferred during the regime of Akhilesh Yadav in 2012 while 171 were transferred in 2011 when Mayawati was the chief minister.
A total of 892 DSP rank officers were transferred in 2012 and 458 in 2011.
The 723-page information sent to Thakur April 4 also details that in 263 cases, the government either cancelled or modified its own previous order.
It said that on four occasions, more than 100 provincial police service officers got transferred through one single government order.
Officials admit privatelyh that such frequent and largescale transfers were a major reason behind the failing law and order in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said