`Need to work sincerely in health, edu sector`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday stressed on the need to work with full sincerity in the areas of health and education.
"UP is a big state and going by its large population, people are not fully vigilant towards health and education, therefore there is a need to work with full sincerity in both these areas," he said at a function to release a book `Hum aur Hamara Swasthya` here.
The future of the country depends on the health of the children, he said.
Yadav further said the contents of "Hum aur Hamara Swasthya" can prove useful in creating awareness on children health.
On the occasion, the Chief Minister assured that work on several development schemes for the state would start soon after giving them a final shape.
Referring to the problems of roads, drains, transport and other infrastructural necessities in the cities, he said that as of now they are inadequate and his government would work to improve them.
Citing the various promises made by his party like the unemployment allowance, Kanya Vidyadhan yojna, free laptops and tablets, Yadav said the work to fulfil them has started.
He also honoured the teachers of various schools of Lucknow, Sitapur, Unnao and Hardoi, who have contributed in health programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling