Nehru statue desecrated in UP
Deoria: The statue of former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru installed at Town Hall here about 50 years back was desecrated, leading to protest by Congress workers.
The statue was desecrated on Friday night by some unidentified persons and an FIR has been registered in the matter, police said.
Infuriated over the incident, Congress workers blocked traffic and demanded installation of a new statue.
Executive Officer, Nagar Palika Akhileshwar Srivastava said the new statue would be installed soon.
He said that the statue was installed three months after the death of Nehru in May 1964.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog