Nepalese youth arrested for possession of explosives
Bahraich: A Nepalese youth was arrested for alleged possession of explosives on the Indo-Nepal border here, police said today.
Vikas Shahi, working as labourer in Himachal Pradesh, was going to Nepal yesterday when the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans stopped him on the Rupaideeh checkpost while he was crossing the border, P N Singh, Assistant Commandant SSB said.
On checking, it was found that he was carrying 30 detonators and 15 explosive rods, Singh said, adding that he had been given the explosives by one Pervez who worked with him in Himachal Pradesh.
The accused has been arrested under the Explosives Act and further investigations are on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam