Nepalese youth arrested for possession of explosives
Bahraich: A Nepalese youth was arrested for alleged possession of explosives on the Indo-Nepal border here, police said today.
Vikas Shahi, working as labourer in Himachal Pradesh, was going to Nepal yesterday when the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans stopped him on the Rupaideeh checkpost while he was crossing the border, P N Singh, Assistant Commandant SSB said.
On checking, it was found that he was carrying 30 detonators and 15 explosive rods, Singh said, adding that he had been given the explosives by one Pervez who worked with him in Himachal Pradesh.
The accused has been arrested under the Explosives Act and further investigations are on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what