Nepalese youth arrested for possession of explosives
Bahraich: A Nepalese youth was arrested for alleged possession of explosives on the Indo-Nepal border here, police said today.
Vikas Shahi, working as labourer in Himachal Pradesh, was going to Nepal yesterday when the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) jawans stopped him on the Rupaideeh checkpost while he was crossing the border, P N Singh, Assistant Commandant SSB said.
On checking, it was found that he was carrying 30 detonators and 15 explosive rods, Singh said, adding that he had been given the explosives by one Pervez who worked with him in Himachal Pradesh.
The accused has been arrested under the Explosives Act and further investigations are on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena