New Gautam Budh Nagar DM promises drive against illegal mining
Noida: A day after the transfer of Ravikant Singh, former Gautam Budh Nagar District Magistrate who gave clean chit to suspended IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal, Hiralal Gupta took over as the new DM and asserted that the drive against illegal mining will be intensified.
"Drive against illegal mining will be intensified and steps will be taken to check it," Gupta said, briefing about his priorities after taking charge.
The new DM said his focus will be on maintaining law and order, transparency in administration and redressal of public grievances.
Gupta also warned the district employees of disciplinary action in case they are found indulged in corruption.
Ravikant was put on wait list, days after he supported Nagpal, the 28-year-old SDM who led the crackdown on sand mining mafia, and was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering demolition of wall of an under-construction mosque allegedly without following due process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi