New judge to hear Babri Mosque demolition case
Rae Bareli: The Allahabad High Court on Friday nominated Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) (fourth) Vishnu Prasad Agarwal to hear the Babri Mosque
demolition case here.
The nomination has come after the district judge had written a letter to the High Court requesting nomination of a judge in the CBI special court, court sources said. The next hearing in the case is scheduled on October 26. The special CBI court hearing Babri demolition case had been without a judge since the transfer of Chief Judicial Magistrate Gulab Singh, they said.
A key witness senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as a security officer with BJP leader L K Advani at the time of the demolition, will be cross examined by the defence counsel when the hearing resumes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi