New judge to hear Babri Mosque demolition case
Rae Bareli: The Allahabad High Court on Friday nominated Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) (fourth) Vishnu Prasad Agarwal to hear the Babri Mosque
demolition case here.
The nomination has come after the district judge had written a letter to the High Court requesting nomination of a judge in the CBI special court, court sources said. The next hearing in the case is scheduled on October 26. The special CBI court hearing Babri demolition case had been without a judge since the transfer of Chief Judicial Magistrate Gulab Singh, they said.
A key witness senior IPS officer Anju Gupta, who was deployed as a security officer with BJP leader L K Advani at the time of the demolition, will be cross examined by the defence counsel when the hearing resumes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report