New party to be launched in six months: Kalyan Singh
Bulandshahr (UP): Former UP Chief Minister
Kalyan Singh on Tuesday said he would launch his new political
outfit within the next six months.
"Before launching the party I would first visit
Ayodhya and seek Lord Ram`s blessings for it," the former BJP
leader, who was indicted by Liberhan Commission, which probed
the 1992 Babri Masjid demolition, said while addressing
supporters at his home town here.
The two-time Uttar Pradesh chief minister recently
severed ties with SP after its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav
hinted that Kalyan was a factor which led to the alienation of
Muslims from the party.
"According to the tenets of Islam, a mosque ceases to
remain a place of worship if no prayer is offered there for
twelve consecutive years, as no prayers have been offered at
Babri Mosque in Ayodhya since 1948 so the mosque has lost its
character" he claimed.
Regretting his decision to part ways with the BJP
twice, Kalyan Singh had said he "committed several mistakes in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend