New terminal at Lucknow airport opens June 2
Lucknow: The new terminal at Lucknow`s Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, inaugurated by the union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh May 19, will be opened for use on June 2, Airports Authority of India (AAI) officials said Thursday.
The 20,000 square metre three-tier building, which can accommodate around 650 passengers at a time, is equipped with the latest technology. It will be used for arrivals and departures of both domestic and international flights, an official said.
The existing old terminal building will be closed for repairs and upgradation. "The old terminal will be shut down for the next six months," the official said.
Besides five custom counters, the new terminal also has 12 immigration counters.
The new terminal has departure and arrival ports on the ground level. The first floor has a swanky lounge connected to two aerobridges, enabling passengers to walk straight into the waiting aircraft on the tarmac.
Built at an estimated cost of Rs.120 crore, the new terminal has duty-free shops, cyber cafes, snack bars, shopping arcade and book shops. Indigo, Jet Lite, Indian Airlines and Air India operate from Lucknow to various destinations in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened