New terminal at Lucknow airport opens June 2
Lucknow: The new terminal at Lucknow`s Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport, inaugurated by the union Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh May 19, will be opened for use on June 2, Airports Authority of India (AAI) officials said Thursday.
The 20,000 square metre three-tier building, which can accommodate around 650 passengers at a time, is equipped with the latest technology. It will be used for arrivals and departures of both domestic and international flights, an official said.
The existing old terminal building will be closed for repairs and upgradation. "The old terminal will be shut down for the next six months," the official said.
Besides five custom counters, the new terminal also has 12 immigration counters.
The new terminal has departure and arrival ports on the ground level. The first floor has a swanky lounge connected to two aerobridges, enabling passengers to walk straight into the waiting aircraft on the tarmac.
Built at an estimated cost of Rs.120 crore, the new terminal has duty-free shops, cyber cafes, snack bars, shopping arcade and book shops. Indigo, Jet Lite, Indian Airlines and Air India operate from Lucknow to various destinations in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video