New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated
Lucknow: The new terminal at Lucknow`s Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport was inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
The 20,000 square metre, three-tier building has departure and arrival ports on the ground level. The first floor has a swanky lounge connected to two aerobridges, enabling passengers to walk straight into the waiting aircraft on the tarmac. The new terminal has six check-in counters.
The new terminal has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 120 crore. It can accommodate around 800 passengers at a given time and has duty free shops, cyber cafes, eateries, snack bars, shopping arcade and book shops.
According to officials, the sprawling terminal would however be opened for passenger use from the first week of June. The old terminal would be closed for renovation.
Indigo, Jet Lite, Indian Airlines and Air India operate from Lucknow to various destinations in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000