New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated
Lucknow: The new terminal at Lucknow`s Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport was inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
The 20,000 square metre, three-tier building has departure and arrival ports on the ground level. The first floor has a swanky lounge connected to two aerobridges, enabling passengers to walk straight into the waiting aircraft on the tarmac. The new terminal has six check-in counters.
The new terminal has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 120 crore. It can accommodate around 800 passengers at a given time and has duty free shops, cyber cafes, eateries, snack bars, shopping arcade and book shops.
According to officials, the sprawling terminal would however be opened for passenger use from the first week of June. The old terminal would be closed for renovation.
Indigo, Jet Lite, Indian Airlines and Air India operate from Lucknow to various destinations in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate