New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated
Lucknow: The new terminal at Lucknow`s Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport was inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Saturday.
The 20,000 square metre, three-tier building has departure and arrival ports on the ground level. The first floor has a swanky lounge connected to two aerobridges, enabling passengers to walk straight into the waiting aircraft on the tarmac. The new terminal has six check-in counters.
The new terminal has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 120 crore. It can accommodate around 800 passengers at a given time and has duty free shops, cyber cafes, eateries, snack bars, shopping arcade and book shops.
According to officials, the sprawling terminal would however be opened for passenger use from the first week of June. The old terminal would be closed for renovation.
Indigo, Jet Lite, Indian Airlines and Air India operate from Lucknow to various destinations in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India must take Dawood's presence strictly with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- At least 10 killed, 32 injured in road accident in China's Guangxi Zhuang region
- Do you know low socioeconomic status can be a factor for heart attack? - Read
- PM Modi bats for eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav, Durga Puja
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list