New twist in NRHM accountant murder case
Lakhimpur (UP): The mysterious murder case
of UP health department accountant Mahendra Sharma took a new
turn today after police claimed that they recovered a suicide
note from the room of the slain official.
"The investigating officials have recovered a suicide
note from the inner seams of a jacket in Sharma`s room," SP
Amit Chandra said, making it clear that "the note was not
found from the clothes Sharma was wearing but from the jacket
hanging in the room".
In the note, Sharma accused Pasgawan CHC in-charge S C
Gupta, additional chief medical officer Balbir Singh, CMO J P
Bhargava and clerk Rajesh Hans of harassing and tormenting him
to seek monetary gains for his transfer, he said.
"In this suicide note, these four persons have been held
responsible for Sharma`s suicide," the SP said, adding that
the police is verifying authenticity of the note and help of
handwriting experts will be taken to match the writing on it
with that of Sharma on various official documents.
"We have asked for some documents written by Sharma from
the CMO so that handwriting could be matched," Chandra said.
Sharma (52), an accounts clerk at the Pasgawan CHC of the
district, was found dead at his official quarter on February
15. He was reported missing from February 7.
Police said that the quarter from which Sharma`s body was
recovered was found bolted from inside.
The post-mortem report revealed death was caused due to
asphyxia as a result of smothering. Half a dozen other
injuries including some on the nose were also detected on the
His wife Mithilesh and sons Tushar and Neeraj had alleged
Sharma was murdered owing to his refusal to cooperate with the
corrupt practices prevailing in NRHM programme implementation.
The family members also sought a CBI probe into the
killing, alleging that his death was linked to multi-crore
NRHM scam already being probed by CBI.
An FIR of murder and criminal conspiracy was lodged by
his wife against CMO JP Bhargava, deputy CMO Balbir Singh, CHC
in-charge SC Gupta, health employees` staff association
president Kuldeep Mishra and its secretary Munna Lal and
Pasgawan CHC clerk Rajesh Hans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read