New twist in NRHM accountant murder case
Lakhimpur (UP): The mysterious murder case
of UP health department accountant Mahendra Sharma took a new
turn today after police claimed that they recovered a suicide
note from the room of the slain official.
"The investigating officials have recovered a suicide
note from the inner seams of a jacket in Sharma`s room," SP
Amit Chandra said, making it clear that "the note was not
found from the clothes Sharma was wearing but from the jacket
hanging in the room".
In the note, Sharma accused Pasgawan CHC in-charge S C
Gupta, additional chief medical officer Balbir Singh, CMO J P
Bhargava and clerk Rajesh Hans of harassing and tormenting him
to seek monetary gains for his transfer, he said.
"In this suicide note, these four persons have been held
responsible for Sharma`s suicide," the SP said, adding that
the police is verifying authenticity of the note and help of
handwriting experts will be taken to match the writing on it
with that of Sharma on various official documents.
"We have asked for some documents written by Sharma from
the CMO so that handwriting could be matched," Chandra said.
Sharma (52), an accounts clerk at the Pasgawan CHC of the
district, was found dead at his official quarter on February
15. He was reported missing from February 7.
Police said that the quarter from which Sharma`s body was
recovered was found bolted from inside.
The post-mortem report revealed death was caused due to
asphyxia as a result of smothering. Half a dozen other
injuries including some on the nose were also detected on the
His wife Mithilesh and sons Tushar and Neeraj had alleged
Sharma was murdered owing to his refusal to cooperate with the
corrupt practices prevailing in NRHM programme implementation.
The family members also sought a CBI probe into the
killing, alleging that his death was linked to multi-crore
NRHM scam already being probed by CBI.
An FIR of murder and criminal conspiracy was lodged by
his wife against CMO JP Bhargava, deputy CMO Balbir Singh, CHC
in-charge SC Gupta, health employees` staff association
president Kuldeep Mishra and its secretary Munna Lal and
Pasgawan CHC clerk Rajesh Hans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68