New twist in NRHM accountant murder case
Lakhimpur (UP): The mysterious murder case
of UP health department accountant Mahendra Sharma took a new
turn today after police claimed that they recovered a suicide
note from the room of the slain official.
"The investigating officials have recovered a suicide
note from the inner seams of a jacket in Sharma`s room," SP
Amit Chandra said, making it clear that "the note was not
found from the clothes Sharma was wearing but from the jacket
hanging in the room".
In the note, Sharma accused Pasgawan CHC in-charge S C
Gupta, additional chief medical officer Balbir Singh, CMO J P
Bhargava and clerk Rajesh Hans of harassing and tormenting him
to seek monetary gains for his transfer, he said.
"In this suicide note, these four persons have been held
responsible for Sharma`s suicide," the SP said, adding that
the police is verifying authenticity of the note and help of
handwriting experts will be taken to match the writing on it
with that of Sharma on various official documents.
"We have asked for some documents written by Sharma from
the CMO so that handwriting could be matched," Chandra said.
Sharma (52), an accounts clerk at the Pasgawan CHC of the
district, was found dead at his official quarter on February
15. He was reported missing from February 7.
Police said that the quarter from which Sharma`s body was
recovered was found bolted from inside.
The post-mortem report revealed death was caused due to
asphyxia as a result of smothering. Half a dozen other
injuries including some on the nose were also detected on the
His wife Mithilesh and sons Tushar and Neeraj had alleged
Sharma was murdered owing to his refusal to cooperate with the
corrupt practices prevailing in NRHM programme implementation.
The family members also sought a CBI probe into the
killing, alleging that his death was linked to multi-crore
NRHM scam already being probed by CBI.
An FIR of murder and criminal conspiracy was lodged by
his wife against CMO JP Bhargava, deputy CMO Balbir Singh, CHC
in-charge SC Gupta, health employees` staff association
president Kuldeep Mishra and its secretary Munna Lal and
Pasgawan CHC clerk Rajesh Hans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt