New twist in NRHM accountant murder case
Lakhimpur (UP): The mysterious murder case
of UP health department accountant Mahendra Sharma took a new
turn today after police claimed that they recovered a suicide
note from the room of the slain official.
"The investigating officials have recovered a suicide
note from the inner seams of a jacket in Sharma`s room," SP
Amit Chandra said, making it clear that "the note was not
found from the clothes Sharma was wearing but from the jacket
hanging in the room".
In the note, Sharma accused Pasgawan CHC in-charge S C
Gupta, additional chief medical officer Balbir Singh, CMO J P
Bhargava and clerk Rajesh Hans of harassing and tormenting him
to seek monetary gains for his transfer, he said.
"In this suicide note, these four persons have been held
responsible for Sharma`s suicide," the SP said, adding that
the police is verifying authenticity of the note and help of
handwriting experts will be taken to match the writing on it
with that of Sharma on various official documents.
"We have asked for some documents written by Sharma from
the CMO so that handwriting could be matched," Chandra said.
Sharma (52), an accounts clerk at the Pasgawan CHC of the
district, was found dead at his official quarter on February
15. He was reported missing from February 7.
Police said that the quarter from which Sharma`s body was
recovered was found bolted from inside.
The post-mortem report revealed death was caused due to
asphyxia as a result of smothering. Half a dozen other
injuries including some on the nose were also detected on the
His wife Mithilesh and sons Tushar and Neeraj had alleged
Sharma was murdered owing to his refusal to cooperate with the
corrupt practices prevailing in NRHM programme implementation.
The family members also sought a CBI probe into the
killing, alleging that his death was linked to multi-crore
NRHM scam already being probed by CBI.
An FIR of murder and criminal conspiracy was lodged by
his wife against CMO JP Bhargava, deputy CMO Balbir Singh, CHC
in-charge SC Gupta, health employees` staff association
president Kuldeep Mishra and its secretary Munna Lal and
Pasgawan CHC clerk Rajesh Hans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?